RBS-Center fir Altersfroen is an official member of INNOVAGE carers association network. The INNOVAGE project is dedicated to developing, testing as well as surveying and cataloguing, social innovations for older people. Apart from selecting social innovations exemplars and creating a new European evaluation system of their impact on healthy life expectancy, four new innovations will be developed and tested: a) social innovation for user – driven housing of older people, b) a web-platform for informal carers of older people, c) social intervention for improving obesity in old age, d) social innovation for activation of people with dementia living in long term care institutions.
RBS-Center fir Altersfroen will participate in the development of a multilingual web platform for informal carers that will be implemented in 27 EU Member States. National organizations, members of INNOVAGE network, are responsible for developing national information and disseminating the web platform at national level. Italian National Institute of Health and Science on Aging (INRCA) (www.inrca.it) and Eurocarers Association (www.eurocarers.org) are the partners responsible for coordinating the development and dissemination of this social innovation for informal carers.
The platform will provide to end-users:
- national information on care and support services
- legal and financial information
- information about the most common impairments of older people
- strategies and information about coping with caregiving
- suggestions on how to reconcile care with family and work
- interactive services for both peer and professional support via social network, forum, chat, video conferencing tools
The web platform for informal carers aims to:
- provide appropriate web-based support services to informal carers
- make them available also in countries with few or total lack of targeted services
- promote an active network of carers organizations
The web platform INFORMCARE is publicly available since autumn 2015
For more information on national version contact Dr. Martine HOFFMANN
tel. +352 36 04 78-24